Does blogging make you feel overwhelmed. Today we are going to talk about 10 common blogging mistakes, that will help make blogging is fun and easy. With this handy list of the most common blogging mistakes you can avoid them with ease.
- Not being original – Many people are hesitant to be themselves online. Yet your personality is what will attract attention and readers. Don’t hesitate to be who you are.
- Not giving credit where credit is due. If you use information or ideas from anyone, ask permission, and give them credit. It doesn’t weaken your content or your credibility, in fact, it enhances it. And not sourcing your material can get you in trouble legally, and you don’t want to be in that position.
- Not responding to comments – If you don’t want comments you can set it so you people cannot leave them. I would not recommend setting to no comments, instead I would recommend setting up spam filters. I recommend that you keep comments open and respond promptly.
- Giving up too early – Blogs aren’t going to achieve instant success overnight. This is why it’s so important to enjoy what you’re blogging about. Eventually, with enough care and attention your readership will grow.
- Not posting enough – There’s a common rule that says you have to blog every day. You don’t have to blog every day. However, if your readers don’t hear from you for a week or two, they will forget about you. Keep them happy. Keep them visiting your blog. Publish often. I always recommend blogging twice a week. Studies indicate Monday and Thursday mornings are the best time to post.
- Not having a well defined topic – What are you blogging about? Make sure that your topic is not only apparent but also narrow. For example, instead of blogging about dogs, blog about miniature dogs. Or make it an even tighter niche and blog about breeding or training miniature dogs. The more specific your niche topic the easier it’ll be to attract a following. Although this is highly recommended I have great difficulty with this one. But the pros do highly recommend it.
- Not choosing a topic that you can sustain – If you choose a topic that you’re passionate about, you can write every day year around and not lose enthusiasm for your topic. Choose a topic that’s not so interesting to you and you’ll be lucky to hammer out a blog post a month. It’s just not going to work.
- Having too many Ads – Make sure your blog is content focused. Advertisements are fine. However a blog that’s 90% ads and 10% content won’t attract a loyal following.
- Forgetting value – People will read your blog because it is: informative, entertaining, or educational. In short, they’ll read it because it offers value. Make sure your posts regularly offer value.
- Not promoting your blog – Get out and promote your blog! People won’t find you as quickly if you don’t shout it from the rooftops. Comment on other blogs and use your blog URL when you register. Participate on social networking and become a guest blogger. In your guest blog bio, link to your blog address.
Blogging really is a great way to connect, make a profit and grow a business. Avoid these ten mistakes and you’ll achieve blogging success much more quickly and easily. Wishing you much success!
If you have any questions, or have tips or tricks that work for you on blogging or anything in social media, please stop by my Facebook page and leave a comment on Kim’s Facebook.